GOLDEN Pro Finishes Slow Dry Fluid Acrylics are designed for techniques where long open time and easy blending are required. Easy blending with other Pro Finishes and Lifestyle Finishes™ products for interior decorative applications, such as faux finishing, wood graining, and Trompe L'Oeil murals.
- Longer working time than standard acrylic paints
- Artist grade pigments
- Excellent for seamless blending
- Oil-like feel without the need for solvents
- Ready to use
- Water clean up
Slow Dry Fluid Acrylics
000D210 - 000D234
GOLDEN Pro Finishes Slow Dry Fluid Acrylics are designed for techniques where long open time and easy blending are required. These products easily blend with other Pro Finishes and Lifestyle Finishes™ products for interior decorative applications, such as faux finishing, wood graining, and trompe l'oeil murals.
• 100% Acrylic
• Longer working time than standard acrylic paints
• Artist grade pigments
• Excellent for seamless blending
• Oil-like feel without the need for solvents
• Excellent leveling and quick “set-up” on the palette
• 23 Colors
• Ready to use
• Water clean up
Before opening containers of Pro Finishes Slow Dry Fluid Acrylics,
gently shake the container to make the product homogenous and smooth. Failure to properly shake the product may result in an uneven consistency.
Work on walls and other surfaces base-painted with at least two coats of a high quality acrylic architectural coating for maximum working time. Surface absorbency affects working time. Sealing the surface, ideally
with a gloss base, allows for maximum working time. Matte paints, such as flat house paint, will reduce the working time.
• Shake or stir thoroughly before use until homogenous and smooth.
• Working time is typically 30 to 45 minutes depending on technique and substrate.
• May be mixed in any proportion with Pro Finishes Glazing Mediums to adjust pigment load and transparency.
Blending with the Pro Finishes Sheer Glazing Medium will lower the viscosity of the final mixture, while blending with Pro Finishes Glazing Medium will not.
• Brush, roller, spray or cloth apply.
• Apply at room and surface temperatures between 50° F & 90° F.
• May be thinned with water if needed. Thinning more than 50% may compromise working time, stability and adhesion.
• Apply only to clean, dry, painted or primed surfaces.
• Paint films are readily reactivated for up to 8 hours with water or glaze, and can remain resoluble for up to 24 hours in extreme conditions.
• Allow a minimum of 4 hours drying time between coats.
• Seal with a varnish/topcoat for maximum durability.
• Test your technique on a practice board before applying to walls.
• Do not mix with oil paint.
• For interior use only.
Brush application: Thin with 15-5% water to increase brushability. Brushing too hard or too often will cause the glaze to cloud or foam, so avoid overworking the same area.
Roller application: Apply product to the work surface with the roller for a slightly more textured effect.
Spray application: Thin to adjust for proper atomization using up to 2 parts paint to 1 Pro Finishes Sheer Glazing Medium. Up to 30% water may be used to thin, however using water will decrease the working time.
Brush: No specific requirements for the type of brush.
Roller: No specific requirements for the type of roller.
Spray equipment optional.
Titan TS 40P or equivalent, Needle/Tip: 17/100
Vapor 19000 or equivalent, 40 psi, Needle/Tip: 1.4mm
To avoid sagging, do not apply at more than 4 mils wet.
Coverage: Highly dependent on application technique and number of layers. Approx. 400-2000 sq.ft./gal.
Dry Time: @ 50% RH, 77° F: Touch 1 hour. Recoat in12-24 hours.
• Air movement and exchange will assist in proper drying.
• Cold weather & high humidity will slow down cure time.
Clean your skin and equipment immediately after use with soap and warm water. Keep tools wet while working. Dispose of as latex paint.
• Store in a cool/dry location @ temperatures between 40° F & 90° F.
• Do not allow material to freeze or be exposed to temperatures exceeding 120° F for extended periods.
8 fl. oz. / 237 ml Bottle